330.231.8030 gmherrera13@gmail.com

.

.
/

Friday, April 16, 2010

Everyone needs a little faux finish in their lives

I've really been inspired lately by all the things I've discovered that you can texture over.  Painting and texturing is not just a job for me -- it's something that I truly love.  I'm passionate about it and want it to show in every project I accomplish.  I also think that to be truly innovative, you need to try new things.  We've proven over and over again how well texture takes over wallpaperPaneling covered up beautifully, also.  Back in the fall I tackled painting a fireplace and smoothing over the hearth.  There are so many different techniques to try, and without cutting corners, new techniques to learn.  With each job I tackle, I learn something new. The pictures I've included in this post today inspire me. (They are not my work)   I'm always striving to do and to be a better painter and artisan -- which is how I view my techniques. 

No comments: